Uniform Policy and Requirements
The Charlottesville Catholic School uniform is required for Grades K-8. No uniform is required for children in the Pre-Kindergarten program.
USED UNIFORM SALES: Used uniforms are available for sale throughout the school year and summer. Items are in good condition and cost $5.00 a piece. Proceeds of the sale benefit the Charlottesville Catholic SChool library and the Spiritual Life Committee. The sales are held in the gymnasium hallway.
Please call Charlottesville Catholic (964-0400) to obtain the phone number of our Used Uniform Sale coordinator. She will be happy to set up an appointment to purchase used uniforms at a mutually convenient time.
- PE Uniform is required for grades 5, 6, 7, and 8. The uniform can be purchased through Flynn and O’Hara.
- The Charlottesville Catholic Fleece is permitted during the day on Formal Dress Days; however, the fleece may not be worn during Mass. One of the the sweater options may be worn in lieu of the fleece to Mass.
- All tights and girls knee socks MUST come from Flynn & O’Hara Uniforms.
- Elementary girls are always required to wear shorts under their jumper. This is also recommended for Middle School girls.
- Hems for all jumpers and skirts must be no higher than 2 inches above the knee. This policy will be strictly enforced.
- Sock Requirement Clarifications:
- Socks should never have any picture, lace, or colored designs. It is not necessary that the ankle be covered.
- All girls must wear navy knee highs or navy tights from Flynn & O’Hara on formal dress days.
- Elementary students may wear white socks or navy blue socks with pants.
- Middle school students must wear solid navy socks when wearing long pants.
- Belts should be worn by boys in grades 3rd-8th.
- Uniform options are available for 8th grade girls and boys only. These options may be worn in lieu of regular and summer uniforms. Please see uniform requirements for details.
- Outerwear: Charlottesville Catholic fleeces and sweaters may be worn when indicated but are not required. Only uniform outerwear can be worn inside during the day – (spirit wear items are not part of the uniform and may not be worn inside), outerwear for outdoors is not regulated.
Parents and students should also read the General Grooming Guidelines and Enforcement Policies.
The Catholic School uniform symbolizes self discipline and association with the community, as well as each individual’s equality in the eyes of God. Charlottesville Catholic School students should wear their uniforms in a manner that reflects pride in themselves and in their school.
All students in grades K-8 are required to wear uniforms during the school day. Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children are appropriately dressed.
Occasionally, there will be a day of “free dress”. Parents are to make sure that their students are dressed in a respectful manner. All non-uniform clothing should reflect Christian values with respect to graphics, lettering and physical fit. Students dressed inappropriately will be required to change into suitable attire.
Our uniform suppliers are Flynn & O’Hara Uniforms and Lands’ End. All items must come from the required supplier: (except for the belt, boys dress socks, dress shoes, and white sneakers). Some items are noted as only through Flynn & O’Hara. You need to identify Charlottesville Catholic when placing your order with either company. This allows them to provide you with the correct items and logo as well as gives the school a financial credit. (Flynn & O’Hara Uniforms donates 10% back to the school and Lands End donates 3%). See Ordering Info Page for ordering instructions.