At Charlottesville Catholic School, our students receive challenging academics while learning in a nurturing, supportive environment. We strive to instill a lifelong appreciation of the gifts of faith and knowledge while our students discover their own gifts and talents. After exploring our admissions process and details regarding Financial Grants and Aid, please feel free to contact our Admissions Coordinator Katrina Kuhn at (434) 964-0400, ext. 307 or at email@example.com with any further questions you may have. Charlottesville Catholic School accepts students regardless of religion or ethnicity.
If you are interested in applying to CCS, please call Katrina Kuhn, Admissions Coordinator, at 434-964-0400, to schedule a tour.
Thank you very much for your interest in Charlottesville Catholic School. Below is an outline of our application process, including steps you will need to take to assure that your application is complete.
TOUR OF CCS
We invite anyone considering Charlottesville Catholic School to schedule a tour of our facility. Tours may be scheduled during the school year, Monday through Friday. Please call Katrina Kuhn Admissions Coordinator, at 434-964-0400, extension 307, to schedule your tour.
On the third Wednesday of every month during the school year, tours will be provided at 9:30am along with coffee and light refreshments. Our school tours are a wonderful opportunity to see our facility and to see our students and faculty hard at work during the school day. School administration and staff are also available to answer any questions you have at the end of your tour.
We continue to accept applications for the 2014-2015 school year as spaces remain available. Applications for the 2015-2016 school year are now being accepted. Please download admissions process information and the Application for Admission/ Transcript Release Form. A complete application must include the following:
- Parent/guardian signature
- Completed Transcript Release Form (not necessary for Pre-kindergarten applicants)
- Application Fee ($100 for a single application, $175 per family for 2 or more applicants)
CONSIDERATION OF APPLICANTS
While persons of all faiths are accepted into CCS each year, for pre-kindergarten through 8th grade applicants, we do give consideration to:
- Families who currently have a child or children enrolled in Pre-K through 8th grade
- Registered Catholic parishioners
- Students previously enrolled in a Catholic school
- Date application was submitted
The applications of current CCS pre-kindergarten students are placed in the applicant pool and considered with all kindergarten applications. Selected applicants for kindergarten will be invited for a kindergarten screening to be given by our kindergarten teachers. Based on the number of seats likely to be available, selected applicants for grades 1-8 will be invited to visit their current grade for a half day, during which time they will be given an academic screening.
CCS will mail admission decisions to applicants for pre-kindergarten by the end of February. We will begin offering enrollment contracts for new students entering kindergarten through eighth grade in mid-March. Families to whom a contract has been offered will have one week to accept that contract. We will then continue to offer contracts on a rolling basis as seats remain available. All families will be notified of the status of their application by mid-April.
IF AN ENROLLMENT CONTRACT IS OFFERED,
it is important for applicants to know CCS is a regional Diocesan school without direct parish affiliation. We have adopted the Cost Based/Need Based tuition model. This model allows us to provide significant financial grant and aid. Tuition is based on the cost to educate an individual student. We do offer significant family discounts for families with multiple students. (See Tuition and Payments page for full financial details.)
- The signed Enrollment Contract must be submitted with a $300 tuition deposit by the date specified in the letter of acceptance. If multiple contracts are offered within a family, a $300 deposit is due for each contract.
- Instructions regarding how to submit a FACTS Grant and Aid Application will be included with offered contracts. For information on FACTS Grants and Financial Aid please refer to the Financial Grants and Aid page. For new families who apply for tuition aid after the initial deadline, consideration will also be given to their needs, based on a FACTS Grant and Aid application, and a decision on what aid is available will be communicated in a timely manner.
- Having submitted a FACTS Grant and Aid Application, a decision will be made by CCS as to how much grant and aid can be offered. Only if CCS is not able to meet the amount of Grant and Aid for which FACTS has determined you are eligible will you be able to withdraw your enrollment contract without obligation or penalty.
IF AN ENROLLMENT CONTRACT IS NOT OFFERED,
we will keep your application under consideration in case seats become available before or during the next academic year. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you would like us to roll over your application for consideration for the following academic year, we ask that you notify the Admissions Coordinator.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please do not hesitate to call Katrina Kuhn, CCS Admissions Coordinator (434-964-0400, ext 307) for clarification.